Manual handling injuries across the food and grocery industry are more common than they should be. In line with NZ Food & Grocery Council’s accent on the many aspects of health & safety, its Health & Safety Working Group, together with injury prevention trainers Provention and online provider Intuto, has developed a first-of-its-kind online tool to train employees in how to avoid manual handling injuries.
The First Move Manual Handling Programme is an easy-to-use and effective course that addresses the risks and consequences of manual handling.
Once employees are enrolled, they can access standardised manual handling safety concepts that are relevant to all job roles across the industry. Not only will the programme make them more aware of the risks they face and the ways to avoid injury, it will minimise confusion about what is ‘best practice’ as they switch jobs.
The programme offers the following tools:
- latest concepts on manual handling and updates
- unlimited access to other FGC H&S courses as they become available
- company branding
- full administration training and support
- user compliance reporting, encouragement emails, certificate of completion
- additional business-specific training materials
Pricing to access the programme has been set to reward FGC members while reflecting the resources available to companies of different sizes.