FGC Export Initiative
FGC members represent more than $28 billion in exports – or around 61 per cent of New Zealand's total merchandise exports to 185 countries.
With huge untapped potential in Asia, and in particular China, FGC has established the Export Initiative Working Group to build on the successes to date and New Zealand’s reputation as “the food bowl of Asia”, and to take advantage of the further opportunities that are beginning to arise in this part of the world.
The Export Initiative Working Group’s specific objectives include to:
- Accelerate the growth of food and beverage exports, with the initial focus on Asia.
- Provide a resource base for members wishing to export or expand their business.
- Raise the profile, importance, quality of resource, and funding for food manufacturers within government organisations.
- Promote New Zealand produce and brand New Zealand in overseas markets.
- Liaise with other agencies and departments, including Export New Zealand, and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise.
To help companies, the Export Initiative Working Group has provided a list of helpful links which include:
- Free Trade Agreements
- HS Codes
- Regulatory information
- General market overviews and reports
- How-to-do-business guides
- Information on target countries
- Trade data
- Agricultural Products Production and Consumption Data
To access these, and for further details of the Export Initiative Working Group, go to the members’-only section of the website by clicking here.