The objective of FGC’s Export Initiative Working Group is five-fold:
- Accelerate the growth of food and beverage exports from New Zealand, particular focus initially in Asia.
- Provide a resource base for members wishing to export or expand their business.
- Provide networking and speaker opportunities and forums.
- Raise the profile, importance, quality of resource and funding for food manufacturers within government organisations.
- Use offshore connections to lobby for improvements to regulatory constraints in various countries.
This small workgroup of industry specialists meets six times a year. It provides industry updates and resources for members via the FGC newsletter and website, and organises speakers to address members via regular forums, and networking events.