Disappointment at Foodstuffs’ 3% levy
17 September 2012
The Food & Grocery Council is disappointed by the announcement by Foodstuffs Wellington of the imposition of a 3 per cent additional deduction from all purchases originating from their distribution centre, New World, Toops, and Four Square stores. The new deduction includes products ordered by PAK’nSAVE stores through the distribution centre and originally included homebrand products. FGC is continuing to brief member companies on progress with this issue. Members seeking further information or a copy of Foodstuffs' letter of 28 August informing of the change, can contact the office. Below is some recent media.
- Dominion Post, 14 September, ‘Supermarket reconsiders extra charge’
- NZ Herald, 14 September, ‘Supermarket giant plans supermarket surcharge’
- Dominion Post, 15 September, ‘Foodstuffs worries grocery supplier’
- NZ Herald, 17 September, Sue Kedgley column, ‘Code of practice should check supermarkets’
- NewstalkZB, 17 September, ‘Cost of groceries could go up’